To establish safe work zones for Lynnwood Link Light Rail construction, Sound Transit’s contractor Sept. 14 will be implementing nighttime traffic controls including southbound lane and on-ramp/off-ramp closures on Interstate 5 from 220th Street Southwest to SR 104 for re-striping and concrete barrier setting.
Drivers should expect delays and consider using alternate routes during construction. Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination, Sound Transit advises.
See below for closure dates, times and details. All closures are southbound.
Sept. 14, Saturday night into Sunday morning
- HOV lane 8 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- HOV + 1 lane 9 p.m. – 7 a.m.
- HOV + 2 lane 11 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- 220th on-ramp 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- SR104 off-ramp 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Mountlake Terrace Freeway Station, southbound 9 p.m. – 8 a.m.