Following the growing success of last two years’ events, the City of Edmonds and members of the Edmonds Downtown Alliance (Ed!) have announced the return of the Edmonds Holiday Caroling Contest: Jingle Those Bells, from 6-7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5, at the Red Twig outdoor patio in downtown Edmonds.
It’s an opportunity for amateur singers, wannabe singers, and even not-so-great singers to add to the downtown holiday festivities by joining friends, family and colleagues to compete in a fun, light-hearted caroling contest.
Groups comprised of two to a dozen singers can easily be accommodated in the patio space. Given the time frame, there is room for five groups, and each group will be expected to sing two carols. Each group is also encouraged to come up with a catchy, holiday-themed name. There will be two categories: Kids 12 and under, and those 13 and over.
Those interested in participating can send an email to Royce Napolitino at the City of Edmonds at email@example.com. Include the number of carolers in the group, which two carols will be sung, and what the caroling group’s “stage name” will be. Deadline for submittal of emails indicating interest is noon Friday, Nov. 29.
“We are excited to continue this popular event this year as part of the growing list of holiday festivities in Downtown Edmonds,” says City of Edmonds Economic Development Director Patrick Doherty. “It’s all a part of the joint holiday promotional campaign the City and Ed! have been collaborating on to encourage locals and visitors to make a visit to Downtown Edmonds part of their annual holiday tradition. In fact, that’s even our promotional tagline: ‘Create Your Tradition.’”
Other holiday activities from the collaboration between the City and Ed! include:
- Free Holiday Trolley, scheduled to run Saturdays in December 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Holiday Market, running on Saturdays Nov. 16 and 23 and Dec. 7, 14 and 21 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- “First Dibs,” Thursday, Nov.. 21, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Cruise to the Christmas Ships Parade, Friday, Nov. 29, 6:15 to 9 p.m.
- Holiday Dash 5K, Saturday, Nov. 30, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Free holiday movies for the kids on Friday, Dec. 6 (Elf), and Friday, Dec. 13 (A Christmas Story) at the Edmonds Theater (cartoons 4 p.m., movie 5:30 p.m.)
- Many holiday-themed performances and shows, as well as other fun activities.
These events are in addition to all the other holiday-themed happenings around town, which kick off with the annual Chamber of Commerce Tree Lighting Ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 30, and include concerts, special sales and more.
For more information about Edmonds holidays events, visit edmondsholidays.com.
And for more information about participating in Jingle Those Bells, contact Royce Napolitino at firstname.lastname@example.org.