The South Snohomish County Emergency Cold Weather Shelter will be open through Thursday, Jan. 16.
The shelter opens at 7:15 p.m. at Maple Park Church (60th Avenue West and 176th Street Southwest, Lynnwood). Dinner, a warm mat and blanket, and breakfast are provided.
If you are not driving, please use the van transportation; do not walk to the shelter.
For those in downtown Edmonds headed for the shelter, a van will be offering free transportation from the Edmonds Library to those who want to access the Lynnwood location.
The van will provide free transportation from the Edmonds Library, 650 Main St., to Trinity Lutheran Church. Individuals will then transfer to the shuttle that delivers individuals to the South Snohomish County Cold Weather Shelter at Maple Park Church in Lynnwood.
The van will arrive at the Edmonds Library at 6:20 p.m. and will depart by 6:35 p.m. The van is marked “Edmonds Senior Center.”
Those needing transportation from Mountlake Terrace or Lynnwood should meet at one of the listed locations precisely at the pick-up time:
- Bethesda Lutheran Church, 23406 56th Ave. W. in Mountlake Terrace, at 6:45 p.m.
- Lynnwood City Hall, 19100 44th Ave. W. in Lynnwood, at 7 p.m.
- Westbound bus stop on 196th Street Southwest at James Village in Lynnwood, at 7:10 p.m.
- Value Village SIGN on the westside of Highway 99 at 172nd Street Southwest in Lynnwood, at 7:35 p.m.
- Westbound bus stop on 196th St. S.W. at James Village (for additional passengers left behind) in Lynnwood, at 7:40 p.m.
Shuttle service will leave the shelter for Lynnwood City Hall at 7 a.m. the following morning.
Non-prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia and alcohol are strictly prohibited. Personal belongings and outer garments will be checked upon entry.
Sponsored by South Snohomish County Emergency Cold Weather Shelter. More information at www.WeAllBelong.org.
Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.
By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.