A reminder that you have until Monday, March 28 to nominate a deserving person for the Kiwanis Club of Edmonds’ 28th Annual Edmonds Citizen of the Year award. The winner will be honored during the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce’s Thursday, May 26 luncheon at Las Brisas Mexican Restaurant — the first in-person chamber luncheon meeting since 2019.
The Citizen of the Year will also ride in the 2022 Edmonds Kind of Fourth of July parade.
Nominees should be a citizen active in civic affairs, community activities and/or business pursuits. It is open to individuals as volunteers or professionals in the line of duty.
Award nominations, welcomed from individuals or groups, must be postmarked by March 28, 2022.
Guidelines for selection are:
• To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
• To encourage the daily living of the golden rule in all human relationships.
• To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards.
• To develop by precept and example a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
• To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, render altruistic service and build better communities.
• To cooperate in creating and maintaining the sound public opinion and idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
The Kiwanis Club of Edmonds will select a winner from the nominations submitted by citizens at large. Nominations are requested from individuals or groups in Edmonds, who complete the nomination form provided. You can find the form online here or on the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce website. Nominations should be sent to: Kiwanis, P.O. Box 221, Edmonds, WA 98020, and must be postmarked on or before March 28, 2022.